Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error 6164

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I have a problem when I run MEMS library > Microfluidics > AC Electrokinetically Enhanced Surface Reactions" Model Library.

I get an error 6164.

It says duplicate variable for:
c_surf
c_surf$time
B_total
B_total$time
B_total$time$time
x_length
x_length$time
x_length$time$time

SCREENSHOT IS ATTACHED.

Please help.

Thanks.

Felix
felixyeo@gmail.com
yeoc0027@e.ntu.edu.sg

3 Replies Last Post Nov 13, 2010, 4:26 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 12, 2010, 4:37 a.m. EST
Hi
for me it looks like you have two similar physics/applications with the same name, or something that have duplicated the internal names

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi for me it looks like you have two similar physics/applications with the same name, or something that have duplicated the internal names -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 13, 2010, 12:11 a.m. EST
Hi Ivar,

I have merely followed exactly step-by-step from the Model Library example.

Are you saying that the Model Library guide example is erroneous?

Thanks.

Felix.

Hi
for me it looks like you have two similar physics/applications with the same name, or something that have duplicated the internal names

--
Good luck
Ivar

Hi Ivar, I have merely followed exactly step-by-step from the Model Library example. Are you saying that the Model Library guide example is erroneous? Thanks. Felix. [QUOTE] Hi for me it looks like you have two similar physics/applications with the same name, or something that have duplicated the internal names -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE]

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 13, 2010, 4:26 a.m. EST
Hi

that can happen, but I doubt it, mostly it's that in copying we have overlooked a simple point, and today with the rapid evolatution from 3.5 to 4.0, .a, .1 ... things are changing so quickly that such errors are more frequent (and frustrating I'm with you there ;)

My suggestion, and way around, is to start again from scratch, and try to solve intermediate results, one physics at a time, to be sure I get all points and then couple them

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that can happen, but I doubt it, mostly it's that in copying we have overlooked a simple point, and today with the rapid evolatution from 3.5 to 4.0, .a, .1 ... things are changing so quickly that such errors are more frequent (and frustrating I'm with you there ;) My suggestion, and way around, is to start again from scratch, and try to solve intermediate results, one physics at a time, to be sure I get all points and then couple them -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.

Suggested Content