Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

particle beam generation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.
Im new to comsol so please forgive me for newbie questions.
I have a fairly simple problem of heat deposition of electron beam on a lithium plate. Modeling the plate is no big deal, but I dont know how to generate a well defined particle beam. What kind of model do i use? Is there any tutorial or similar problem already modeled? Thank you in advance.

4 Replies Last Post Oct 4, 2011, 12:04 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 15, 2011, 5:14 a.m. EST
Hello again.
I see that after a weak and 88 views I still got no answer.
Is it even possible to simulate a particle beam with energy deposition into the thin plate?
All I need is a module which uses Bethe-Bloch formula.
Hello again. I see that after a weak and 88 views I still got no answer. Is it even possible to simulate a particle beam with energy deposition into the thin plate? All I need is a module which uses Bethe-Bloch formula.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 15, 2011, 9:19 a.m. EST
Did you look at the tutorials or documentations for the version you use? There are several materials such as modeling guide, releases, model library for AC module and so on. I suggest model library doc. especially since it has models implemented for several areas.
Did you look at the tutorials or documentations for the version you use? There are several materials such as modeling guide, releases, model library for AC module and so on. I suggest model library doc. especially since it has models implemented for several areas.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 25, 2011, 2:38 p.m. EST
Yes, I have gone through tutorials and manuals once more.But i still havent found a way to incorporate energy deposition of a beam of particles into the target. Any more practical advices on which module i should use or how to parse this problem? Is this even possible in Comsol?

Thanx
Yes, I have gone through tutorials and manuals once more.But i still havent found a way to incorporate energy deposition of a beam of particles into the target. Any more practical advices on which module i should use or how to parse this problem? Is this even possible in Comsol? Thanx

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 4, 2011, 12:04 p.m. EDT

Yes, I have gone through tutorials and manuals once more.But i still havent found a way to incorporate energy deposition of a beam of particles into the target. Any more practical advices on which module i should use or how to parse this problem? Is this even possible in Comsol?

Thanx

Have you had any luck with this or responses elsewhere? What I've done up until now is plot the Lorentz Force using just the F=-q(v x B) portion since I am looking at only static magnetics, but I would be curious to see what you've learned.

~Brock
[QUOTE] Yes, I have gone through tutorials and manuals once more.But i still havent found a way to incorporate energy deposition of a beam of particles into the target. Any more practical advices on which module i should use or how to parse this problem? Is this even possible in Comsol? Thanx [/QUOTE] Have you had any luck with this or responses elsewhere? What I've done up until now is plot the Lorentz Force using just the F=-q(v x B) portion since I am looking at only static magnetics, but I would be curious to see what you've learned. ~Brock

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.