Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to resolve this error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Sir,
when I modeled a small specimen in a fluid inside the cavity of microwave oven, I got the following error:
Time dependent Solver (sol/t1)
Failed to find consistent initial values
undefined or Inf found when solving linear system solver using SOR
Last step is not converged

Would someone help me how to fix the error.
Thanks,
Iman Hassaballa

1 Reply Last Post Jan 17, 2011, 12:45 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 17, 2011, 12:45 a.m. EST
Hi

it can be a few thinks , I believe, but by default the initial values are all set to "0" this is often quite far from the results, so often it's wiser to estimate what are about the results, and set up the initial conditions accordingly. I agree for complex geometries its rather difficult, so its a question of testing it out.
Then it couldbe that you are missing some BC (boundary conditions) or that some are contradictory

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it can be a few thinks , I believe, but by default the initial values are all set to "0" this is often quite far from the results, so often it's wiser to estimate what are about the results, and set up the initial conditions accordingly. I agree for complex geometries its rather difficult, so its a question of testing it out. Then it couldbe that you are missing some BC (boundary conditions) or that some are contradictory -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.