Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem with heat simulating in terms of air heating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi

i am simulating the heat process

i have enclosed 3 pics for better explanation

it seems that the air section should have another results

Please let me know if my concern is correct

thx

3 Replies Last Post Feb 21, 2011, 5:36 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 19, 2011, 3:17 p.m. EST
Hi

your explanations are a bit shoret to allow us out here to fully understand.

Have you checked the power balance in/ out ? in your model.

And temperatures are in Kelvin in COMSOL, it's rather easy to mistype a 20[degC] by just "20" and then you have 20[K] by default as value ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi your explanations are a bit shoret to allow us out here to fully understand. Have you checked the power balance in/ out ? in your model. And temperatures are in Kelvin in COMSOL, it's rather easy to mistype a 20[degC] by just "20" and then you have 20[K] by default as value ... -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 21, 2011, 1:30 p.m. EST
Hi Ivar

thank you for your reply

Have you checked the power balance in/ out ? in your model.

Could you please be more specific?

And temperatures are in Kelvin in COMSOL, it's rather easy to mistype a 20[degC] by just "20" and then you have 20[K] by default as value ...

I have double checked - it is correct. all temp values are in Kelvin

Does it make sense use Heat flux instead of air block?
Hi Ivar thank you for your reply [QUOTE] Have you checked the power balance in/ out ? in your model. [/QUOTE] Could you please be more specific? [QUOTE] And temperatures are in Kelvin in COMSOL, it's rather easy to mistype a 20[degC] by just "20" and then you have 20[K] by default as value ... [/QUOTE] I have double checked - it is correct. all temp values are in Kelvin Does it make sense use Heat flux instead of air block?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 21, 2011, 5:36 p.m. EST
Hi

I "always" do a few model verification such as integrating the fluxes I have defined as enetering and exiting my models.

As there should be energy conservation in there, it's often worth to check that the fluxes sum up, you can do this by integrating the different heat fluxes over the external boundaries

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I "always" do a few model verification such as integrating the fluxes I have defined as enetering and exiting my models. As there should be energy conservation in there, it's often worth to check that the fluxes sum up, you can do this by integrating the different heat fluxes over the external boundaries -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.