Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Free and Porous Media Flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Everyone,
Anyone has any idea how can I activate the model inputs in fluid properties under Free and Porous media flow where I need to input temperature and pressure in comsol 4.1. My problem is the model input section is not active but when I open any predefine model by comsol then I can see that option..any clue!
Thanks
MM

5 Replies Last Post Mar 4, 2011, 4:10 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2011, 1:11 p.m. EST
For better understanding I am attaching two different pics, one with model input with temperature and pressure and the second one is without such option.
For better understanding I am attaching two different pics, one with model input with temperature and pressure and the second one is without such option.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2011, 2:47 p.m. EST
Hi

from my understanding: "model inputs" are the variables that a physics can/will get from another physics, depending on your selections.

If there is only 1 physics (your 2nd image) you must define everything within the specific physics via the BCs, if you have several physics, you might want to define some external values locally or via couplings from these other physics

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi from my understanding: "model inputs" are the variables that a physics can/will get from another physics, depending on your selections. If there is only 1 physics (your 2nd image) you must define everything within the specific physics via the BCs, if you have several physics, you might want to define some external values locally or via couplings from these other physics -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2011, 3:36 p.m. EST
Hi,
have a look attached files. Eventhough I have added heat transfer module there is no option in flow to add T to couple flow and heat..which is the case in the model from model library defined by comsol..I have attached model documentaions as well in which there is a straightforward instruction to add temp in flow under model inputs..
I really appreciate your help..
thanks
MM
Hi, have a look attached files. Eventhough I have added heat transfer module there is no option in flow to add T to couple flow and heat..which is the case in the model from model library defined by comsol..I have attached model documentaions as well in which there is a straightforward instruction to add temp in flow under model inputs.. I really appreciate your help.. thanks MM

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2011, 3:36 p.m. EST
attachments
attachments

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2011, 4:10 p.m. EST
Hi

I agree it is not very clear how and when they appear (I mostly trust COMSOL so if they are there I add values for them) if not AND I see that I need some variables such as T or p for the material dependance, and these are not already defined by the physics, I declare them as Parameters.
Since Parameters are read once at the start of a run and then might be overwritten by the physics later on

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I agree it is not very clear how and when they appear (I mostly trust COMSOL so if they are there I add values for them) if not AND I see that I need some variables such as T or p for the material dependance, and these are not already defined by the physics, I declare them as Parameters. Since Parameters are read once at the start of a run and then might be overwritten by the physics later on -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.