Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with the Helix Geometry Tool

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I am currently trying out the new version 4.1. I am creating a series of hollow pipes and I wish to simulate the flow through them in a 3D model. I created the major section of the pipe using the Helix tool. I created one large helix and an smaller inner helix then used the difference toold to obtain the hollow pipe. I then added various segments of pipe using the Working Plane and Revolve tools. When I tried to implement the material properties and the equations, I can select the outer segment no problem. My difficulty is with the inner section that I created with the Helix tool. For some reason it only seems to keep 3 of the four wall segments. I have exhausted my troubleshooting ideas. Can anyone help me out here?

1 Reply Last Post Mar 4, 2011, 5:48 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2011, 5:48 p.m. EST
Hi

the easiest for us is to try your model, because even if we remake it from your explanations it will probably be very different, and we might get frustrated too before having even managed to get that far ;) What do you think ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the easiest for us is to try your model, because even if we remake it from your explanations it will probably be very different, and we might get frustrated too before having even managed to get that far ;) What do you think ? -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.