Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Capacity calculation via the electric field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

Before I explain my problem, I apologize for all the grammatical mistakes i could make later. I'm french, is it an excuse ? ^^

For my master degree, I'm designing a Single Electron Invertor (SET). Right now, I try to evaluate all the capacity of my display.

I would like to do this job with two model :

- applying a potential, capaV, an all the metallic parts even the floating one, of the device and finding the capacity with an volume integration like

C= (1/capaV)*(es.Dx*es.nx+es.Dy*es.ny+es.Dz*es.nz)

This model works.

- applying a potential, capaV, an the metallic parts that are really connected to a potential and finding the floating potential of the other parts with a line integration via

V_float = - ( es.Ex*dl+es.Ey*dl+es.Ez*dl )

dl is the elementary displacement vector, where is this one in COMSOL ? That's the point of this topic ^^

Thank you for your futur responses,

Damien

0 Replies Last Post Mar 18, 2011, 3:13 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Damien Griveau

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.