Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can someone help me to check out my geometry? thank you!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I created my geometry, and when I try to set up the subdomain conditions, I can choose any domain?

I draw the geometry using curves, it is a single vein valve, do I need to union the curves to make a rectangle or other shape, make sure it is enclosed?

Thank you so much!

1 Reply Last Post Apr 6, 2011, 1:12 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 6, 2011, 1:12 a.m. EDT
Hi

you main issue is that you have only lines and no areas in 2D such that you end up with only boundaries but no domains. You need to perform a "Convert to solid" (remove your two unions and perform this on all items at the end just before the finish) and then you might "split" all if you need to manipulate further individual items in the geometry process

Turn on your "Selection List" (side by side with the model Builder) and check that you have domains, boundaries and points by selecting the different graphical icons top right of the graphics screen

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you main issue is that you have only lines and no areas in 2D such that you end up with only boundaries but no domains. You need to perform a "Convert to solid" (remove your two unions and perform this on all items at the end just before the finish) and then you might "split" all if you need to manipulate further individual items in the geometry process Turn on your "Selection List" (side by side with the model Builder) and check that you have domains, boundaries and points by selecting the different graphical icons top right of the graphics screen -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.