Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Stop heating, start cooling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey Guys,

I'm building a model with a heating included. After a few minutes I'm interested in the cooling process. How do I stop the heating process that i can start the cooling?
I have COMSOL Version 4.0a.

Thank you very much!
Jaques

2 Replies Last Post Apr 7, 2011, 6:34 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 7, 2011, 6:10 a.m. EDT
HI,
From my knowledge , changing the boundary and domain sets maybe work.
e.g. Heat source can be written as 1000*(t<=100)+0*(t>100) to simulate the following process:

The first stage from start to 100s, model is heated with 1000 watts;
The second stage from 100s to the end, mode is cooled in the air.

Hope it will help, good luck.
HI, From my knowledge , changing the boundary and domain sets maybe work. e.g. Heat source can be written as 1000*(t100) to simulate the following process: The first stage from start to 100s, model is heated with 1000 watts; The second stage from 100s to the end, mode is cooled in the air. Hope it will help, good luck.

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 7, 2011, 6:34 a.m. EDT
Thank you for your quick answer! I'm sure that will work as you described the problem perfectly!
Thank you for your quick answer! I'm sure that will work as you described the problem perfectly!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.