Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

AFM PARAMETRIC INDENTATION

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I´m solving a concact mechanical problem. Specifically I have two geometries:

THE INDENTER (linear elastic material) that indents a cell

THE CELL (hyperelastic material) indented by the indenter

I impose on the indenter a parametric prescribed displacement for increasing values of the indentation. Then I implemented the concact between the two surfaces and the module works.

The problem is that I cannot reach large deformation cause the mesh, for increasing values of the indentation, deforms too much. I would like to add a ALE moving mesh on my module but I couldn´t find a solution.

Could you please explain me how the module has to be implemented (maybe the problem is the cohesisten present of a concact)...

Looking foward a reply

0 Replies Last Post Apr 12, 2011, 4:26 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Giulio Ferrazzi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.