Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

coupling of heat and mass transfer: a drying process

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to simulate a simple drying process with COMSOL version 4.1 but I have been unable to link heat and mass transfer processes together.

With the program, I want to model a porous material that contains certain amount of moisture and how moisture moves over time.

I tried to combine "heat transfer through porous medium" and "species transport in porous media" physics modules together but so far it is not successful.

Is there a function or module or tool that I can apply to simulate a simple drying process?

I would really really appreciate your help.

Sincerely,

Sangah Kim

1 Reply Last Post May 11, 2011, 5:13 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 11, 2011, 5:13 p.m. EDT
I can't help.... Have you found the way out?
I can't help.... Have you found the way out?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.