Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

AC signal

Fernanda Camacho Alanis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
My name is Fernanda. I have made a simulation where I apply a DC voltage to particular electrodes. In my real experiment, I am switching the voltage of the electrodes every 1ms. I have done the simulation in DC for the two cases; however, I would like to do it with time dependent. I don't know how to do. I would appreciate if you can help me.

1 Reply Last Post May 11, 2011, 3:47 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 11, 2011, 3:47 p.m. EDT
Hi

so you say you ave managed to solve it in stationary, then you have two choices for time dependent:

Either you want to look at a transient so you express your "force" values with a time dependent function and you use a transient solver.

Or you you are in a constant frequency oscillation scheme, then you can use the frequency domain solver that does a harmonic development (à la Fourier if you want) and you define the amplitude and the frequency (the latter in the solver settings) You might also efine a frequency range start, step,stop) to get a fequency response.

Sorry I do not have COMSOL with my just now cannot look up your model

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi so you say you ave managed to solve it in stationary, then you have two choices for time dependent: Either you want to look at a transient so you express your "force" values with a time dependent function and you use a transient solver. Or you you are in a constant frequency oscillation scheme, then you can use the frequency domain solver that does a harmonic development (à la Fourier if you want) and you define the amplitude and the frequency (the latter in the solver settings) You might also efine a frequency range start, step,stop) to get a fequency response. Sorry I do not have COMSOL with my just now cannot look up your model -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.