Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to repeat the run for 1000 times base on the result of first run?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi friends.

I am using comsol 3.4 to simulate the pulse laser machining. now I encounter a problem.

I have already obtained the result for one laser pulse by applying the heat transfer mode. (see the m-file in the

attachment)

However, for the practical situation. we need do a a succession of

(thousand) pulses whose properties is exact same with the first pulse.

now, i want to repeat the first pulse for one thousand times.

that means the initial condition of 2nd laser pulse is the temperature gradient from result of the1st laser pulse,

initial condition of 3rd laser pulse is the temperature gradient from result of the 2nd laser pulse.....................

i can achieve this manually if there are only 10 or 20 pulses. however i am encounter a problem for 1000 pulses.

the question is how to achieve this automatically by using the comsol script.

thank you.

0 Replies Last Post Jun 25, 2011, 3:09 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jiao Lishi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.