Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

meshing problems

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello. Can anyone help me meshing this geometry? I can't figure out where exactly the problem is coming from or if there is any error in the way I have defined it. Some help would be very appreciated. I have attached the file.

Thanks
Asghar

2 Replies Last Post Jun 27, 2011, 10:43 a.m. EDT
Lechoslaw Krolikowski

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 27, 2011, 10:28 a.m. EDT
Hi,
In my opinion inconsistent boundary conditions exist in your model.
Water can't flow from inlet (boundary 10) to outlet (boundary 9) as domains 2 and 3 are separated.
Regards,
Andrzej
Hi, In my opinion inconsistent boundary conditions exist in your model. Water can't flow from inlet (boundary 10) to outlet (boundary 9) as domains 2 and 3 are separated. Regards, Andrzej

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 27, 2011, 10:43 a.m. EDT
Hey Andrzej,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried using a block to cut the sharp corners between the two cylinders by using union, so as to make it more blunt and easier for meshing. Then I get no error. This shows that the problem lies on the boundaries where the bigger cylinder and the second larger cylinder meet. This might be too small for meshing. Also I need one of the side to be the inlet and the other the outlet.

Do you have any suggestion how to make it work?

Regards,
Asghar
Hey Andrzej, Thanks for your reply. I have tried using a block to cut the sharp corners between the two cylinders by using union, so as to make it more blunt and easier for meshing. Then I get no error. This shows that the problem lies on the boundaries where the bigger cylinder and the second larger cylinder meet. This might be too small for meshing. Also I need one of the side to be the inlet and the other the outlet. Do you have any suggestion how to make it work? Regards, Asghar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.