Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solidworks Interface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have created simple geometries in Solidworks 2008, Solidworks 2010 and Solidworks 2011. When I import into COMSOL using the Solidworks interface, the scale of the part is correct but the dimensions are wrong.

After manipulating a few parameters, this is what I have found.

Created Solidworks part with units set to meters, COMSOL imports as meters (regardless of what I set in Preferences.)
Distance between two points is correct, but length of the edge connecting those two points is multiplied by a factor of two. If you go back into Preferences to changes Units, the numerical value doesn't change. An edge that is reported as .0508 meters is reported as .0508 inches, then .0508 feet.

Is there something I an doing incorrectly?

Thanks In Advance

0 Replies Last Post Jun 27, 2011, 10:53 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Frank Modica

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.