Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simple Acoustic Problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

This is my first time posting here, please forgive me if I have done something against the rules.

Anyway, my problem here is pretty simple. I'm trying to find the pressure along a line with a pressure source at a certain point and some impedance boundary conditions at the ends. This is a simple 1D model, but I'm getting conflicting answers.

The analytical real part of the pressure agrees with the comsol real part of the pressure, but the imaginary parts do not. It seems like the imaginary part of the pressure is same in magnitude but different in sign up until the pressure source.

Do you guys think I did something wrong with my analytical solution? I have attached the comsol model, my hand work, and a matlab file (the analytical part).

Thanks
Danny

0 Replies Last Post Jul 13, 2011, 5:43 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Danny Ou

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.