Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

A strange error message

Dulakshi Karunasinghe

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
When I try to save a model I just built, I get a strange error:

The object 'Type: List Child tags: ' is not contained in a resource

Also, I get the same message when I try to run the model. I checked all possible things I can think of, but cannot find the cause.

I am running a 3D variably saturated flow problem with Richards equation and an ODE I have defined.

thanks a lot!

6 Replies Last Post Aug 31, 2011, 7:12 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 25, 2011, 12:11 p.m. EDT
I experienced this error as well. Any new information as to how to resolve it?
I experienced this error as well. Any new information as to how to resolve it?

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 25, 2011, 7:00 p.m. EDT
Dulakshi,

I ran into the same strange error recently. I deleted some of the more complex features of my geometry and it let me save it just fine. After saving, I went back and rebuilt those features then tried saving again and it worked just fine.

Perhaps this will work for you (if applicable).

-Theodore
Dulakshi, I ran into the same strange error recently. I deleted some of the more complex features of my geometry and it let me save it just fine. After saving, I went back and rebuilt those features then tried saving again and it worked just fine. Perhaps this will work for you (if applicable). -Theodore

Dulakshi Karunasinghe

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 25, 2011, 10:06 p.m. EDT
I rebuilt the geometry and it worked. Couldn't trace the exact cause though. thanks.
I rebuilt the geometry and it worked. Couldn't trace the exact cause though. thanks.

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 10, 2011, 4:12 a.m. EDT
I got this message as well, and I exit the program, and when I tried to reopen the model I got the error message 'File contains no Model' - and now I can't open my model.

I'm running a magnetic field model, and all I changed was add another ampere's law.
I got this message as well, and I exit the program, and when I tried to reopen the model I got the error message 'File contains no Model' - and now I can't open my model. I'm running a magnetic field model, and all I changed was add another ampere's law.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 13, 2011, 2:01 p.m. EDT
Hi

switch to 4.2 or at least check that you have the latest patches, that should help

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi switch to 4.2 or at least check that you have the latest patches, that should help -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 31, 2011, 7:12 p.m. EDT
I have the latest patch and version 4.2 and I still get this error.

I have the latest patch and version 4.2 and I still get this error.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.