Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculation capacity of a parallel plate capacitor by varying the permittivity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning, I am recently using Comsol multiphisycs 5.1. I created a model for the study of a parallel plate capacitor with mica dielectric. Now to test the sensitivity of the design I would like to change the value of the permittivity in a range between 0.5 and 70 and calculate the capacity. Could someone direct me on the steps to be taken? thank you

0 Replies Last Post Feb 18, 2019, 4:17 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tammy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.