Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

meshing 3D coil

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am attempting to mesh a complicated 3D coil. At first I thought I would need to mesh the entire object to obtain the fields after applying a current, but I believe it will suffice for my purposes if I just make the volume wires into lines. Is there an easy way to take a 3D coil and turn it into lines (no surface area) so that I can easily put a current through it? My file is too big to attach, so if you would like to take a look at it, email me.

Thanks,

Jason

1 Reply Last Post Oct 4, 2011, 1:22 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 4, 2011, 1:22 a.m. EDT
Hi

You need to generate the line in your geometry, in V4 you have the helix generation, but will COMSOL accept a single line/edge inside a 3D geometry, without an attached boundary, not sure (? TBC)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi You need to generate the line in your geometry, in V4 you have the helix generation, but will COMSOL accept a single line/edge inside a 3D geometry, without an attached boundary, not sure (? TBC) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.