Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Identity Boundary Pairs And Magnetic Insulation Boundary

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am simulating a pm-motor in rotating machinery magnetic(rmm) in comsol. In the process of my simulation, I have met the questions in the title. I have done with in 2 ways. Case one, I imported my entire model with the dxf file. In this way,I cannot created the identity boundary pairs but the magnetic insulation boundaries are correct. Case two, I draw the stator part and rotor part in a file. And I imported the file in comsol. The rest parts of my motor I drew in comsol. I successfully created the identity boundary pairs but the magnetic insulation boundaries are not corrected. The magnets were with the magnetic insulation,I tried defined another magnetic insulation boundaries to override the boundaries that automatically selected in comsol. When I computed,the the magntic flux density of magnets were nearly zero. Anyway, if you met the similar quetions, hope you can write down your opinions or share your ideas generously. I show my sincere thankfulness to you. I uploaded a picture that the physics, it cannot change the boundaries it automatically made. The units in the picture cannot make changes.

Regards Joey

1 Reply Last Post May 15, 2019, 6:40 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago May 15, 2019, 6:40 a.m. EDT

Hi Joey,

I think what you are missing is this. Just before the final assembly step you need to make a "Union" of all what is in the rotor, and another one of all that is in the rotor. This "fuses" the parts together and the boundariesof the PMs become internal boundaries.

regards

Jens

Hi Joey, I think what you are missing is this. Just before the final assembly step you need to make a "Union" of all what is in the rotor, and another one of all that is in the rotor. This "fuses" the parts together and the boundariesof the PMs become internal boundaries. regards Jens

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.