Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multiturn coil_time based simulation_Pulseshape based voltage

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I have simulated a multiturn coil (with a Yoke) using AC-DC COMSOL 5.2. The DC simulation does show a succesful simulation results with a magnetic field lines (streamlines) generated according to the shape of Yoke due to its higher magnetic permiability.

Now, I want to simulate a AC based system, with a rectangular shaped voltage pulse. Everthing is going perfect and smooth, but the magnetic field genrated is not similar to that of DC, infact I am unable to see any magnetic field lines in the whole system.

Is it the time step I should be concerned of? The direction of applied current and produced magnetic field (using Arrow line) does change like an alternatic current when I run the animation, but I am not able to generate the magnetic field lines (streamlines), like that of DC.

Could any one guide me and explain me where my AC simulations are going wrong? I would really appriciate your help. ! Attached a image of rectangular pulse shape.

Note: I wont be able to upload any geometry related images or .mph file to this forum.

Thank you very much.

0 Replies Last Post Jun 12, 2019, 4:07 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Siddhant Pawar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.