Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

A skin effect in Busbar (Frequency Domain)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am working on an electromagnetic field in current-carrying busbar and I have a problem with the skin effect. Due to my geometry 10x150 mm2, the skin effect is very visible, as it should be. When I calculate the current density in the cross-section of busbar( 1500mm^2) by using the "Surface Integration" I obtain higher current about 4kA than I applied. The supplied current(RMS) - "coil", in Magnetic Field(MF) is 102,53kA, and calculated using mf.normJ is 106,35kA. How can I describe this effect? Where did I make a mistake?

The problem disappears when I simulate the busbar of 10x10 mm2. So definitely is a problem of skin effect, but why COMSOL gives me more current? Every suggestion and help is welcome.

0 Replies Last Post Sep 1, 2019, 5:46 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jda

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.