Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Form union & form assembly = multiple geometries?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to use "form union" to some parts of my geometry, while I want to use "form assembly" to other parts of it. Is this possible within the same geometry, or one geometry can take only one of the two options? If that is the case, how do I create another geometry?

Thanks in advance, Darko

1 Reply Last Post Nov 14, 2019, 8:48 a.m. EST
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Nov 14, 2019, 8:48 a.m. EST
Updated: 4 years ago Nov 14, 2019, 8:49 a.m. EST

Hi Darko,

I'm not sure if I understand what you want to achieve, but perhaps you can create the geometry that should be formed as a union and save it, and then import it into the geometry sequence that should be formed as an assembly. Or you could add those parts of the geometry in a Union feature in the same geometry sequence. The "unified" parts of the geometry will then contain normal interior boundaries only and will not need any identity pairs to connect the physics across those boundaries.

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Hi Darko, I'm not sure if I understand what you want to achieve, but perhaps you can create the geometry that should be formed as a union and save it, and then import it into the geometry sequence that should be formed as an assembly. Or you could add those parts of the geometry in a **Union** feature in the same geometry sequence. The "unified" parts of the geometry will then contain normal interior boundaries only and will not need any identity pairs to connect the physics across those boundaries. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.