Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to find reattachment length in Backward Facing step flow

Vaitheeswaran Gnanaraj

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using CVOMSOL to Model the gas flow through microcahnnel. I wish to find the reattachment length of nitrogen gas. How to find it using COMSOL 3.5a

3 Replies Last Post Dec 25, 2011, 8:21 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 24, 2011, 2:24 p.m. EST
Hi,

you can calculate the streamline with zero velocity as shown in the model "Turbulent Flow Over a Backward Facing Step". Another way is the check where the wall shear stress changes direction.

Best,
J
Hi, you can calculate the streamline with zero velocity as shown in the model "Turbulent Flow Over a Backward Facing Step". Another way is the check where the wall shear stress changes direction. Best, J

Vaitheeswaran Gnanaraj

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 24, 2011, 11:50 p.m. EST
Thank you for your reply. How to plot rattachment length versus Re
Thank you for your reply. How to plot rattachment length versus Re

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 25, 2011, 8:21 a.m. EST
Probably the best way is to export the data and to use Matlab, at least that's what I do. Perhaps you can find the coordinate of the limiting streamline at the wall and plot that one against the Re, but normally I do the post-processing outside COMSOL.

J
Probably the best way is to export the data and to use Matlab, at least that's what I do. Perhaps you can find the coordinate of the limiting streamline at the wall and plot that one against the Re, but normally I do the post-processing outside COMSOL. J

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.