Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

interpolation curve when geometry create in V 4.2a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, everyone,

Firstly, Merry Christmas!
I have built a geometry using “rectangle” and a “interpolation curve” (which is new function in V 4.2a). The original source in the “interpolation curve” is a file (a series of x-y positions obtained from COMSOL using “export”), and then I import all the data into the software into a “Table”.
What I want to do is the rectangle substrate the area which the interpolation curve encompasses (the current interpolation curve is open one). I have tried to add a straight line to enclose the curve and convert them into a solid for the ”Boolean Operations-difference”. Even I add the straight line, “convert to solid”, or “union”, but all failed.

Is there any way to fulfill my aim?
(I have attached my .mph file.Could you mind checking and giving me some help? Thanks)
Thanks in advance.
Best wishes to you and your family.

Yours
FM Huang
Dec. 25th.2011

0 Replies Last Post Dec 24, 2011, 8:26 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Huang Fumin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.