Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Manual modification of the RF Module equation

Israel Alves Oliveira

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good night:

Is there any way to modify the Electric displacement model manually? I am using the RF Module to analyze periodic structures, however, according to the literature, the relative permissiveness is obtained through the equation εr = (n - ik) ² + 2nik, the latter term not appearing in COMSOL and I would like to insert.

2 Replies Last Post Mar 29, 2020, 5:52 p.m. EDT
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Mar 29, 2020, 2:17 p.m. EDT

I'm not sure I understand the question. You can insert a complex relative permittivity for any material.

I'm not sure I understand the question. You can insert a complex relative permittivity for any material.

Israel Alves Oliveira

Posted: 4 years ago Mar 29, 2020, 5:52 p.m. EDT

I managed to understand. In fact, I had a doubt because the other term didn't appear. In fact, it is already inserted, I made the mistake. Thank you, Dave.

I managed to understand. In fact, I had a doubt because the other term didn't appear. In fact, it is already inserted, I made the mistake. Thank you, Dave.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.