Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laminar flow-velocity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am new to Comsol .I have designed hollow L tube structure with laminar flow in 2D. I am selecting water as material.I have to design wireless capsule endoscopy module in that L-shape tube.Capsule looks like cylindrical structure.i have designed till this. Now i want to know maximum and minimum velocity around or near the cylindrical structure.How can i find it? can i go for surface maximum and surface minimum.Pls, tell me.

1 Reply Last Post Sep 16, 2020, 3:20 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 16, 2020, 3:20 p.m. EDT

Hello Prisi,

If the tube has a circular cross-section and an L shape, I don't see how you can model it in 2D.

With that in mind, the slowest velocity magnitude is bound to be zero at the walls, but the maximum velocity may not be at a boundary, so a volume maximum should be used to find it.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Prisi, If the tube has a circular cross-section and an L shape, I don't see how you can model it in 2D. With that in mind, the slowest velocity magnitude is bound to be zero at the walls, but the maximum velocity may not be at a boundary, so a volume maximum should be used to find it. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.