Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"Not Applicable" Boundary Condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I am having troubles with a boundary contition that is not applicable. I am wondering what the reasons for this might be? I have attached my file for reference. I am trying to apply a pressure to the faces of the blood vessel and they are saying tha they are "not applicable".

3 Replies Last Post Apr 7, 2021, 11:48 a.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago Apr 6, 2021, 10:09 p.m. EDT
Updated: 3 years ago Apr 6, 2021, 10:10 p.m. EDT

You haven't selected any domains under your Laminar Flow physics, even though this is the only physics in your model. As a result, from the perspective of the code, no physics-related boundaries exist. To correct this, in the Model Builder, click on your physics (which is "Laminar Flow.") In the Settings tab, expand Domain Selection (if it isn't already expanded). Now, select some domains! You should notice a difference.
:)

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
You haven't selected any domains under your Laminar Flow physics, even though this is the only physics in your model. As a result, from the perspective of the code, no physics-related boundaries exist. To correct this, in the Model Builder, click on your physics (which is "Laminar Flow.") In the Settings tab, expand Domain Selection (if it isn't already expanded). Now, select some domains! You should notice a difference. :)

Posted: 3 years ago Apr 7, 2021, 11:30 a.m. EDT

Thank you! I am new to the software as our teacher kind of just threw this project at us wihtout any instructions and this is probably a super simple fix for someone that is familiar with it. I am familiar with Abaqus and so far I like Comsol a little better.

Thank you! I am new to the software as our teacher kind of just threw this project at us wihtout any instructions and this is probably a super simple fix for someone that is familiar with it. I am familiar with Abaqus and so far I like Comsol a little better.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago Apr 7, 2021, 11:48 a.m. EDT

Hi Nick,

To new users, I strongly recommend the videos in the Learning Center. In a relatively short amount of time they give you a solid introduction to the fundamental features of the software. With that fundamental knowledge you can then jump to more advanced materials if needed, like the software's documentation, etc.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Nick, To new users, I strongly recommend the videos in the [Learning Center](https://www.comsol.com/learning-center). In a relatively short amount of time they give you a solid introduction to the fundamental features of the software. With that fundamental knowledge you can then jump to more advanced materials if needed, like the software's documentation, etc. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.