Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

pore scale model:autocad import

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have created a model in autocad. I wish to simulate fluid flow in it(a porous media). it is a mdoel of grain particles. the problem is that at the import stage,i am getting error message that the file could nt be written. i am new to comsol and dont exactly know how to go about this.i have used the live link for autocad to import but still get this message.when i save the autocad job as dwg,it does not even come up for me to select at all.i get messages like no current valid file is open in autocad.i only have a chance when i save as dxf.its a 3d model.can any one help me out please

1 Reply Last Post Oct 15, 2012, 8:23 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kpamsar Louis Gbayan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Saeid Norouzi Apourvari

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 15, 2012, 8:23 p.m. EDT
Hi Kpamsar,

I am also new in COMSOL and I think this message is because of your 3D model. As far as I know you can import 2D slice in DXF format. Although there may be a way to import a 3D model in a series of 2D slices, I am not familiar with that and I am looking for it right now. Try with one 2D slice and see what happens.

Good luck,
saeid
Hi Kpamsar, I am also new in COMSOL and I think this message is because of your 3D model. As far as I know you can import 2D slice in DXF format. Although there may be a way to import a 3D model in a series of 2D slices, I am not familiar with that and I am looking for it right now. Try with one 2D slice and see what happens. Good luck, saeid

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.