Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"Compute to Selected" via Matlab?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

With the Comsol UI, I can right-click on "Dependent Variables 1" and choose "Compute to Selected".

I can't seem to find any way to do the equivalent with LiveLink for Matlab. It seems that it's only possible to "runAll". Is anyone aware of a way to do this?

1 Reply Last Post Oct 4, 2012, 4:17 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 4, 2012, 4:17 a.m. EDT
Looking at the code generated by the GUI (i.e., saving the model as M-file) after doing what you described, it should be something like
model.sol('sol1').run('v1');

where 'sol1' is the "Solver 1" node's tag and 'v1' the "Dependent Variables 1" node's tag.
Looking at the code generated by the GUI (i.e., saving the model as M-file) after doing what you described, it should be something like [quote]model.sol('sol1').run('v1');[/quote] where 'sol1' is the "Solver 1" node's tag and 'v1' the "Dependent Variables 1" node's tag.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.