Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Average in a circle line

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Can anyone help me with the problem?
I have a circle plane with a radius of 1. The current model can calculate the concentration in each point. Now I want to know the average concentration in the circle line of x^2+y^2=0.25. How can I do that?
Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post Oct 15, 2012, 1:02 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 15, 2012, 12:51 p.m. EDT
Hello,

I would do it this way:
1. In the Model/Geometry, create a circle exactly where you want (if there is no face there, you can do it by means of a WorkPlane).
2. In the Model/Definitions (by right-clicking) select Model Couplings/Average, select the appropriate "geometric entity level" (edge if you are in 3D, or boundary in 2D), and select the previous circle.
3. Then you have the average value of your variable simply applying the operator name and the variable name, for instance aveop1(c), assuming c is the concentration.

Or else, only for posprocessing purposes, you can do the step 1, and then:
2. In Results/Derived Values/Average/Line Average, select the circle and in the Expression field put your variable, for instance c.

Bye,

Jesus.
Hello, I would do it this way: 1. In the Model/Geometry, create a circle exactly where you want (if there is no face there, you can do it by means of a WorkPlane). 2. In the Model/Definitions (by right-clicking) select Model Couplings/Average, select the appropriate "geometric entity level" (edge if you are in 3D, or boundary in 2D), and select the previous circle. 3. Then you have the average value of your variable simply applying the operator name and the variable name, for instance aveop1(c), assuming c is the concentration. Or else, only for posprocessing purposes, you can do the step 1, and then: 2. In Results/Derived Values/Average/Line Average, select the circle and in the Expression field put your variable, for instance c. Bye, Jesus.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 15, 2012, 1:02 p.m. EDT
Thanks!
Thanks!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.