Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

specification of Angles a1 and a2 in Comsol 6.1 and Order of Diffraction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hope all of you are enjoying good helath and work.

I am using COMSOL 6.1 and have following points to get your opinion about. What are the vlues of theta-a1, theta-a2 and E0(x,y,z) for the P-Wave(TM-Transverse Magnetic) & for the S-Wave(TE-Transverse Electric) if the angle of incident for the both P-Wave and S-Wave is 80 degrees?

Second Question: I am interested only in specular reflection(incident and reflection angles are 80 degree), so what order of diffraction can I specify for this case or just checking the box of Automatic order of diffraction could lead to the actual simulation?

Third Question: My sample is of two layers stack and considering air layer it becomes three. The port1(sourrce port/excitation port) is the top of air layer(third layer) and port2(sink port/non- excitaiton port) is the bottom of 1st layer(NiCr). I am using interpolation function for n &k values of NiCr in IR. So, I am using real value of refractive index "1" for the port 1(air layer top) and what can I use as real value of refractive index for the port2( bottom of NiCr layer) as I am using interpolation function?

I am hopeful to get the answers and thankful in anticipation.

0 Replies Last Post Oct 6, 2023, 5:31 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shahban Ali

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.