Plotting issue

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi folks,

I am using Comsol Multiphysics but I have an issue with 1D plot.

I need to solve Schrodinger equation. I found the eigenvalues and the eigenfunctions, and now I want to plot the eigenfunction related to an eigenvalue on a cut-line. I calculated 6 eigenvalues. Below some images to explain the situation:

NormalizedWaveFunction image: I solved Shrodinger equation and I plotted on a plane. CutLine image: the cut line where I want to plot the 1D eigenfunction. 1DPlot1, 1DPlot2: These are the setup and the plot of the 1D eigenfunction.

First problem: I'm not able to choose the eigenvalue related to the eigenfunction I want to plot. Second problem: Assuming that I don't need to choose the eigenvalue, if I plot it the trend doesn't match what I see on the section plane.

Trusting in someone's help.

Bests

2 Replies Last Post Nov 29, 2023, 4:35 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 months ago Nov 27, 2023, 9:42 a.m. EST
Updated: 5 months ago Nov 27, 2023, 11:47 a.m. EST

Hello Lorenzo,

From your screenshots, it appears that your multislice plot (which I understand you are happy with) is based on Study 2, whereas the cut line plots are based on Study 1. That could be the issue.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Lorenzo, From your screenshots, it appears that your multislice plot (which I understand you are happy with) is based on Study 2, whereas the cut line plots are based on Study 1. That could be the issue. Best, Jeff

Posted: 5 months ago Nov 29, 2023, 4:35 a.m. EST

Thank you very much Jeff! I am new in Comsol and I often make stupid mistakes... I hope I can rely on you again in the future!

Best,

Lorenzo

Thank you very much Jeff! I am new in Comsol and I often make stupid mistakes... I hope I can rely on you again in the future! Best, Lorenzo

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.