Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Video tutorial permanent magnet

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone!
I need calculate permanent magnet field.
I am absolute beginner. I can draw geometry but i can not assign material.
Could you send me video tutorial step by step demonstrates how to assign magnets.
I do not understand how create permanent magnet.

dipol.plus@gmail.com

Thanks

4 Replies Last Post Jul 9, 2015, 2:23 a.m. EDT
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 29, 2012, 10:54 a.m. EST
Roman,

Permanent magnet can be created as following:

1. Use Magnetic Field, No Currents (mfnc) interface
2. Create geometry for magnet surrounded by air
3. Create material for air (by default all domain will be selected as air, which is OK)
4. Right-click “Magnetic Field, No Currents” node and select “Magnetic Flux Conservation”
5. In the “Magnetic” settings window, select your magnet domain in the Domain Selection section
6. Locate “Magnetic Field” section, and choose “Remanent flux density” from the “Constitutive relation” selection list
7. In the “Remanent flux density” edit window, define Br vector components. If your magnet orientation is North-South, then define vector as Br={0,0,Brz_value}

Good luck,

Sergei Yushanov
Roman, Permanent magnet can be created as following: 1. Use Magnetic Field, No Currents (mfnc) interface 2. Create geometry for magnet surrounded by air 3. Create material for air (by default all domain will be selected as air, which is OK) 4. Right-click “Magnetic Field, No Currents” node and select “Magnetic Flux Conservation” 5. In the “Magnetic” settings window, select your magnet domain in the Domain Selection section 6. Locate “Magnetic Field” section, and choose “Remanent flux density” from the “Constitutive relation” selection list 7. In the “Remanent flux density” edit window, define Br vector components. If your magnet orientation is North-South, then define vector as Br={0,0,Brz_value} Good luck, Sergei Yushanov

Andrea Ferrario COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 29, 2012, 11:13 a.m. EST
Roman,

All the models in the Model Library have a PDF file with step-by-step instructions on how to recreate them. In the AC/DC Module there is a model called permanent_magnet that can you may find useful.

--
Andrea Ferrario
Electromagnetics Group
COMSOL AB
Roman, All the models in the Model Library have a PDF file with step-by-step instructions on how to recreate them. In the AC/DC Module there is a model called permanent_magnet that can you may find useful. -- Andrea Ferrario Electromagnetics Group COMSOL AB

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 30, 2012, 12:54 a.m. EST
Thanks Sergei and Andrea!
Thanks Sergei and Andrea!

Posted: 9 years ago Jul 9, 2015, 2:23 a.m. EDT
Dear Sergei Yushanov,

I have a doubt regarding the implementation of the physics of my device in comsol. I have tried manier times to simulate it but failed. Can you please give your valuable time to look into this problem and tell me how can i simulate magneto-electric simulation in comsol. kindly see the attached doc in which problem is discussed.
my email id is
sachindhariwal16@gmail.com
Dear Sergei Yushanov, I have a doubt regarding the implementation of the physics of my device in comsol. I have tried manier times to simulate it but failed. Can you please give your valuable time to look into this problem and tell me how can i simulate magneto-electric simulation in comsol. kindly see the attached doc in which problem is discussed. my email id is sachindhariwal16@gmail.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.