Coupling Laminar Flow to Corona Discharge

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using COMSOL 6.1 and I am trying to model ionic wind flow, or specifically the momentum transfer from negative ions to air molecules due to corona discharge. I am trying to couple the corona discharge multiphysics (electrostatics and charge transport modules) and laminar flow module by creating a volume force (F = space charge density * electric field). However, when I type in the equation into the expression field (ct.rhoq0 * es.Ex) and (ct.rhoq0 * es.Ey) I get an error that says:

Undefined variable. - Variable: comp1.ct.rhoq0 - Geometry: geom1 - Domain: 1 Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.spf.Fx - Defined as: comp1.ct.rhoq0comp1.es.Ex Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: comp1.spf.Fxdvol_spatial Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression. - Expression: (comp1.spf.Fxtest(comp1.u)+comp1.spf.Fytest(comp1.v))*(dvol_spatial)

There is only one domain so I do not understand where the error is coming from. How can I couple these three modules so I can create the volume force, F, above.

Thanks, -Ariel

0 Replies Last Post Dec 13, 2023, 8:16 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ariel Velasquez

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.