Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Diffraction on an isolated line

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello everyone,

I have a problem.

now I want to simulate the diffraction for an isolated line, and I want to observe the intencity of different diffraction orders, both transmitted and reflected. Presently I want to use scattering boundary condition, but the intencities of downward and upward waves are mixed, and I donot know how to seperate.

Whether only I used ports and S parameters could I get the intencity for a certain diffracted order? If I continued to used scattering boundary condition, is there any method to seperated the indicident wave and diffracted wave?

Thanks a lot

2 Replies Last Post Dec 11, 2012, 9:01 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 11, 2012, 5:36 p.m. EST
look into scattered field formulation. There is an example on using it somewhere in the library...
look into scattered field formulation. There is an example on using it somewhere in the library...

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 11, 2012, 9:01 p.m. EST
thanks a lot, could you offer the location or name of the example?
thanks a lot, could you offer the location or name of the example?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.