Voltage calculation in 2D axi-symmetric model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all, I am designing a simple 2D axi-symmetric model of single strand coil by providing current excitation in magnetic field (mf) domain. Here, I am measuring the voltage of the coil and then resistance value. When I sweep the Position of the coil from zero-axis, it will generate different revolved geometry. however, I am unable to find how these voltages vary with the position. it seems there is no relation of these voltage changes.

furthermore, computing its DC resistance value using R = pL/A formula is also very complicated in the 2D-axisymmetric model.

please help me to find the how this variation gives different results???

link of the position sweeping mph file is below

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-8mBAGJckyEAEld-u-fe3GKVaFZxFBPa&usp=drive_fs

I am also attached the mph file without sweeping below:

1 Reply Last Post Feb 27, 2024, 12:33 p.m. EST
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 months ago Feb 27, 2024, 12:33 p.m. EST

Isn't it just that the resistance scales linearly with circumference, and the circumference scales linearly with radius? You get twice the voltage at 4 mm than at 2 mm, and four times when comparing 8 mm to 2 mm. And the 0 mm gives you a weird geometry, when seen axisymmetrical, so skip that.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
Isn't it just that the resistance scales linearly with circumference, and the circumference scales linearly with radius? You get twice the voltage at 4 mm than at 2 mm, and four times when comparing 8 mm to 2 mm. And the 0 mm gives you a weird geometry, when seen axisymmetrical, so skip that.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.