Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Running a specific Study node using batch

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I would like to run a specific Study node (suppose I have a model with 2 or more Study nodes) using batch commands. Normally I write something like

comsol -nn 8 -np 8 batch -inputfile input.mph -outputfile output.mph -batchlog batch.log

Does anyone know which additional command I should issue to be able to select a specific Study node to run?

Best,

J

3 Replies Last Post Sep 29, 2014, 10:01 p.m. EDT
Josh Thomas Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 10, 2013, 4:54 p.m. EST
Doctor J,

Simply type:

comsol -nn 8 -np 8 batch -inputfile input.mph -outputfile output.mph -study <study tag> -batchlog batch.log

You can even specify which parameters to solve for and their values from the command line if you wanted using -pname and -plist.

Check out pgs 95 and 96 of the Installation and Operations Guide for more COMSOL Batch Commands.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Josh Thomas
AltaSim Technologies

Doctor J, Simply type: comsol -nn 8 -np 8 batch -inputfile input.mph -outputfile output.mph -study -batchlog batch.log You can even specify which parameters to solve for and their values from the command line if you wanted using -pname and -plist. Check out pgs 95 and 96 of the Installation and Operations Guide for more COMSOL Batch Commands. Hope that helps. Regards, Josh Thomas AltaSim Technologies

Josh Thomas Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 10, 2013, 4:58 p.m. EST
Oh, if you don't know the <study tag>...right-click on the main Study node and select Properties from the list. The Settings window will give you the tag. For example, std1 or std2, etc.

Regards,
Josh Thomas
AltaSim Technologies
Oh, if you don't know the ...right-click on the main Study node and select Properties from the list. The Settings window will give you the tag. For example, std1 or std2, etc. Regards, Josh Thomas AltaSim Technologies

Posted: 9 years ago Sep 29, 2014, 10:01 p.m. EDT
Hi,
What if I want to get output of one node?
For example, I want to know the temperature of a node and I know the tag of this node is tag1.
What command should I type for this?

THX
Hi, What if I want to get output of one node? For example, I want to know the temperature of a node and I know the tag of this node is tag1. What command should I type for this? THX

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.