Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error-Automatic remeshing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I encountered a problem about "Automatic remeshing" with "deformed geomerty" and Time-Dependent Solver

When I ran the program, Comsol always displayed a Error:
Unsupported operation on this type of object.
-Feature: Time-Dependent Solver 1 (sol1/t1);
-Error: Unsupported operation on this type of object.

i try all possible mesh quality expressions and resonable threshold vaules, it seems when the program reaches this value,

the above error happens immediately.

Who can tell me what's wrong?

Your information and help is deeply appreciated!

Luyao

4 Replies Last Post Mar 9, 2016, 3:20 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Luyao Xu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 4, 2013, 5:30 p.m. EST
I'm having exactly the same issue. This must be a bug as I encounter this by simply enabling the "Automatic remeshing" checkbox in the Time Dependent step for the Laminar 2-phase flow with moving mesh. What's the best course of action?
I'm having exactly the same issue. This must be a bug as I encounter this by simply enabling the "Automatic remeshing" checkbox in the Time Dependent step for the Laminar 2-phase flow with moving mesh. What's the best course of action?

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 26, 2013, 9:09 a.m. EDT
Hi Luyao,

maybe you've solved the problem already. Just want to share my limited experience with this type of error message. It might be the problem with geometry.

for some reason, once i tried to use "right click "Geometry>>Virtual Operations" to compose 2 objects into one. Then I got the same error message. So "Automatic remeshing" doesn't support geometry with "Virtual operations".

That's my experience with this type of error. Hope it could help!

Chunyan
Hi Luyao, maybe you've solved the problem already. Just want to share my limited experience with this type of error message. It might be the problem with geometry. for some reason, once i tried to use "right click "Geometry>>Virtual Operations" to compose 2 objects into one. Then I got the same error message. So "Automatic remeshing" doesn't support geometry with "Virtual operations". That's my experience with this type of error. Hope it could help! Chunyan

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 26, 2013, 10:38 a.m. EDT
Thank you very much! Chunyan.

I also noticed this issue, like you said, "Automatic remeshing" doesn't support "virtual operations".

Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to solve this problem, just avoid the "virtual....".

Hope COMSOL developer can pay attention to this "bug".

Luyao
Thank you very much! Chunyan. I also noticed this issue, like you said, "Automatic remeshing" doesn't support "virtual operations". Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to solve this problem, just avoid the "virtual....". Hope COMSOL developer can pay attention to this "bug". Luyao

Posted: 8 years ago Mar 9, 2016, 3:20 p.m. EST
I do not think this has much to do with automatic meshing. I get similar error with both Physics-Controlled mesh and user-controlled mesh.
I do not think this has much to do with automatic meshing. I get similar error with both Physics-Controlled mesh and user-controlled mesh.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.