Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RFID modelling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have been using COMSOL for about 3 days and and so I'm a complete beginner to it. I am looking for some general advice about modelling an RFID system. Specifically, what I want to do is have an RFID transponder coil just above a metallic plate and the reader coil a few centimetres above the tag. I would like to investigate the effect of different metal types on the impedance of the transponder coil and the reader coil.
I have found the following model but having some difficulty modifying it to get some useful results.
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/1264/

If anyone has done any RFID modelling or can offer some general guidance it would be very much appreciated.

Update: I have a more specific request. Has anyone used the RFID model from the link above? If so do you know how I can measure the impedance/resistance of the transponder coil?

0 Replies Last Post Mar 3, 2010, 11:53 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mohammed Alamin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.