Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL APPCRASH and closed

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi
I have a problem for the new server computer using COMSOL 4.3
First of all, the performance of server computer is below.

RAM: 512GB
CPU: AMD 6238 (x4)
GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti
HDD: SSD 512GB

Whenever I run the 'study' for the RF modeling (loosy circular at the model library),
then there occurs appcrash error for 'csacmlblas_serial.dll' at the progress about 1.1GB of memory quota.

How can I solve this problem?
This occurs only in my new server computer.
please help me

the detail error message is below.
------

event name: APPCRASH
application name: comsol.exe
application version: 4.3.0.151
application time stamp: 4f9ae4fa
error module name: csacmlblas_serial.dll
error module version: 4.3.0.151
error module time stamp: 4f9ae514
exception code: c000001d
exception offset: 00000000004d3f59
OS version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.274.10
locale ID: 1042
additional information 1: 8868
additional information 2: 88682fcc7726b69b22338af4bbf0808c
additional information 3: d8dd
additional information 4: d8ddca7443b219fa27e3b6e9da4bc90b

1 Reply Last Post Jun 4, 2013, 11:21 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 4, 2013, 11:21 a.m. EDT
I had the same issue, also with a new system:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 (8 core)
RAM: 32 GB

RF models (2-D and 3-D) crash comsol on the matrix factorization step with a generic "comsol multiphysics has stopped working" windows error message. csacmlblas_serial.dll is implicated in the logfile - this appears to be a library for linear algebra operations on x64 AMD cpus.

The 32 bit version of comsol still worked under windows. I also tried running the linux version of comsol (in a virtual machine), and found the same crash, but only when multiple processors were used. So it looks to me like the linear algebra library that COMSOL 4.3 was built with may not get along with the newest multicore AMD processors.

Upgrading to COMSOL 4.3b has solved this issue for me. Hope that helps.
I had the same issue, also with a new system: OS: Windows 7 x64 CPU: AMD FX-8350 (8 core) RAM: 32 GB RF models (2-D and 3-D) crash comsol on the matrix factorization step with a generic "comsol multiphysics has stopped working" windows error message. csacmlblas_serial.dll is implicated in the logfile - this appears to be a library for linear algebra operations on x64 AMD cpus. The 32 bit version of comsol still worked under windows. I also tried running the linux version of comsol (in a virtual machine), and found the same crash, but only when multiple processors were used. So it looks to me like the linear algebra library that COMSOL 4.3 was built with may not get along with the newest multicore AMD processors. Upgrading to COMSOL 4.3b has solved this issue for me. Hope that helps.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.