Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Radiation Heat transfer

Pablo López de uralde

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to do a simple model of radiation but I am having a few problems. It consists just in a lamp heating a piece formed for 3 diferent materials. I am not sure how to modelate the lamp, I have used the option "Boundary heat source" but don´t know which parameters enter on the Cp, density and K. (It is an halogen lamp of 1000 W)
The other problem comes when using the surface to surface radiation option, I have used the option "positive normal direction" for the surfaces facing the lamp and for the face of the lamp that is used as boundary heat source, and surface to ambient radiation for all the others. I don´t know if it is enough to simulate the heat transfer.

Thank you

0 Replies Last Post Dec 4, 2013, 9:01 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Pablo López de uralde

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.