Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solve hydro-gel swelling behaviour with comsol!!!!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I want to solve a problem of swelling and relaxation of hydrogel with comsol.
Is it possible to show swelling behave of hydrogel using comsol?

Cheers!!

Rajesh

5 Replies Last Post Sep 26, 2014, 8:10 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rajesh Kumar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 4, 2012, 11:44 a.m. EDT
I also want to do such kind of thing. Have you make any progress? can you share with me!!
I also want to do such kind of thing. Have you make any progress? can you share with me!!

Posted: 1 decade ago May 13, 2013, 9:52 p.m. EDT
I am looking for the same stuff, can you help if you solve this problem??
I am looking for the same stuff, can you help if you solve this problem??

Posted: 1 decade ago May 14, 2013, 5:47 a.m. EDT
Same problem here. I started to combine a diffusion physics with a solid mechanics physics(viscoelasticity) but it seems harder then I thought. If you have something concret in thisdirection contact me.
Same problem here. I started to combine a diffusion physics with a solid mechanics physics(viscoelasticity) but it seems harder then I thought. If you have something concret in thisdirection contact me.

Amnani Binti Shamjuddin

Posted: 10 years ago Sep 23, 2014, 3:15 p.m. EDT
Same goes here... I also need to solve this kind of problem.. Now, it is nearly end of 2014.. Anyone who can share any of their contribution?

I found a PhD thesis (Modelling of Multicomponent Diffusion and Swelling in Protein Gels) by Kang Lu (2011). The author used PDE based in COMSOL. The detail steps of his work in COMSOL had not published in the thesis.
Same goes here... I also need to solve this kind of problem.. Now, it is nearly end of 2014.. Anyone who can share any of their contribution? I found a PhD thesis (Modelling of Multicomponent Diffusion and Swelling in Protein Gels) by Kang Lu (2011). The author used PDE based in COMSOL. The detail steps of his work in COMSOL had not published in the thesis.

Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 10 years ago Sep 26, 2014, 8:10 a.m. EDT
The thesis provided above has a good amount of details on the COMSOL implementation of the hydrogel material model. Here is another online document that also provides good details on hydrogel material implementation: www.cimne.com/cm-master/doc/thesis/masterthesisburelamelie.pdf . Both documents use COMSOL 3.5 it seems but I see no reason why the latest COMSOL version would not work.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
The thesis provided above has a good amount of details on the COMSOL implementation of the hydrogel material model. Here is another online document that also provides good details on hydrogel material implementation: http://www.cimne.com/cm-master/doc/thesis/masterthesisburelamelie.pdf . Both documents use COMSOL 3.5 it seems but I see no reason why the latest COMSOL version would not work. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.