Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error Duplicate variable name

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I try to model a beam with the elastoplastic material in V4.0a
I have 2 step with the different loading positon. So, I use 2 Solid mehchanic models
I have always the Error Duplicate variable name:
- Variable: mod1.sp1gpSuffix
- Variable: mod1.sp1XgpSuffix
- Variable: mod1.sp1YgpSuffix
- Variable: mod1.sp1ZgpSuffix
- Variable: mod1.sp2gpSuffix
- Variable: mod1.sp2XgpSuffix
- Variable: mod1.sp2YgpSuffix
- Variable: mod1.sp2ZgpSuffix
- Variable: mod1.sp3gpSuffix
- Variable: mod1.sp3XgpSuffix
- Variable: mod1.sp3YgpSuffix
- Variable: mod1.sp3ZgpSuffix
- Variable: mod1.sxGp
- Variable: mod1.epxGp
- Variable: mod1.syGp
- Variable: mod1.epyGp
- Variable: mod1.szGp
- Variable: mod1.epzGp
- Variable: mod1.sxyGp
- Variable: mod1.epxyGp
- Variable: mod1.epeGp

Anyone can help me avoid the error
thanks for any help

Trung

2 Replies Last Post Mar 19, 2011, 4:13 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Phan Van Trung

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 19, 2011, 1:06 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I am having the same problem and wondering if you ever figured out what the problem was? Thank you.

Austin
Hi, I am having the same problem and wondering if you ever figured out what the problem was? Thank you. Austin

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 19, 2011, 4:13 a.m. EDT
Hi

obviously you cannot use two structural/solid physics on the same domains, not sure if it's on purpouse, or if its something forgotten by COMSOL, there is the "solid" and "solid2 "prefixes" missing there

But why 2 physics, if you leave only one, doesnt it work ? by using the initial conditions of solver 1 as starting point for solver 2 ?

Take a look at this example (v4.1.0.185)

You might see a small frequency shift if you take the FFT of the time signal, try it out, it's possible with the table analysis and plots

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi obviously you cannot use two structural/solid physics on the same domains, not sure if it's on purpouse, or if its something forgotten by COMSOL, there is the "solid" and "solid2 "prefixes" missing there But why 2 physics, if you leave only one, doesnt it work ? by using the initial conditions of solver 1 as starting point for solver 2 ? Take a look at this example (v4.1.0.185) You might see a small frequency shift if you take the FFT of the time signal, try it out, it's possible with the table analysis and plots -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.