New Functionality in 4.2
- New Batteries and Fuel Cells material library including common battery electrode materials and electrolytes.
- Concentration-dependent predefined kinetics expressions for porous and planar electrodes.
Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS)
- AC Impedance Study types simulating EIS using Harmonic Perturbations on Electric Potential and Electrode Current boundary nodes.
New Physics Interfaces and Interface Functionality
- Surface Reactions interface for modeling of surface reactions on boundaries (surfaces in 3D).
- Reacting Flow, Diluted Species multiphysics interface combining single-phase flow with mass transport of diluted species.
- Reacting Flow, Concentrated Species multiphysics interface combining single-phase flow with mass transport of concentrated species.
- New Thin Diffusion Barrier boundary condition for interior boundaries in the Species Transport in Porous Media interface.
- Edge Effects In a Spirally Wound Li-Ion Battery
- Thermal Modeling of a Cylindrical Li-Ion Battery in 2D
- Thermal Modeling of a Cylindrical Li-Ion Battery in 3D (requires the Batteries & Fuel Cells Module and the Heat Transfer Module)
- Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy in a Fuel Cell
- Primary Current Distribution in a Lead-Acid Battery Grid Electrode
- Soluble Lead-Acid Redox Flow Battery