Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parameterized geometry with dervied values

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am working on some parameterized geometry for fluid flow in microchannels. I am working at the moment in 2D. and have a geometry consisting of a main channel with 2 side channels joining it at an angle. The channel is drawn as a series of bezier points. I want to vary the angle of the side channels. At the moment I have a parameter to set the angle of the side channel. I then have a set of parameters which contain expressions to calculate the positions of the bezier points for a given angle. These parameters are then refrenced in my geometry node to set the points. This works very well for individual soluions - I can change my angle (a1) and the solution is calculated for the new geometry. However when I try to do a parametric sweep it seems that the channel angle does not change. It would seem the values of the dervied parameters (bezier point coordinates) are not recalculated for each new value of the angle parameter. Could any one give me some pointers of how to do this: essentially sweep a parameter which affects the geometry indirectly through other parameters?

2 Replies Last Post Nov 4, 2010, 2:49 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 3, 2010, 2:16 a.m. EDT
Hi,

looks like I have just stumbled over the same problem. I just sent my model to support for help and will keep you updated.

Regards
Matthias
Hi, looks like I have just stumbled over the same problem. I just sent my model to support for help and will keep you updated. Regards Matthias

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 4, 2010, 2:49 a.m. EDT
Hi

are you in 3.5 or 4 ? and how do you define the parametrisation ?
more see matthias original thread

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi are you in 3.5 or 4 ? and how do you define the parametrisation ? more see matthias original thread -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.