Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

own equations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
I am only getting used to COMSOL.
How can I enter physics equations by myself?
Is it possible in connection with MATLAB?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies Last Post Oct 25, 2010, 12:39 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 25, 2010, 10:09 a.m. EDT
Hi

read the doc and start with simpleexamples. The following book (slightly out of date w,r,t, versions but still very up to date for the rest, is a good starter:

www.comsol.eu/support/books/mmwfem/

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi read the doc and start with simpleexamples. The following book (slightly out of date w,r,t, versions but still very up to date for the rest, is a good starter: http://www.comsol.eu/support/books/mmwfem/ -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 25, 2010, 10:40 a.m. EDT
Thanks for the answer.
But I am interesting if I can solve set of equations entered by myself or is it possible to solve only standard equations that are already present in COMSOL system?
Thanks for the answer. But I am interesting if I can solve set of equations entered by myself or is it possible to solve only standard equations that are already present in COMSOL system?

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 25, 2010, 12:39 p.m. EDT
I have the same question: is it possible to have an equation (defined by myself) other than having comsol defined PDE system? (So in total I have one Equation+PDE system)
any idea?
Many thanks
I have the same question: is it possible to have an equation (defined by myself) other than having comsol defined PDE system? (So in total I have one Equation+PDE system) any idea? Many thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.