Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ag nanoparticle cross section

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am trying to use FEM in COMSOL to calculate extinction/absorption/scattering cross section of a ag nanoparticle. I basically followed the process on www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u4pNpf0N2o. However the results I got is much lower than www.orientjchem.org/vol31no4/optical-scattering-and-absorption-characteristics-of-silver-and-silicasilver-coreshell-nanoparticles/

I tried to change mesh and materials but nothing change much. I have attached the plot I get and the mph file. Please let me know what I did wrong and I really appreciate that!

Guanglu

0 Replies Last Post Mar 10, 2017, 1:30 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Guanglu Fan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.