Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulating Airflow from a Fan

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to simulate a computer fan on top of a heat sink. I am currently using Nonisothermal Flow with the Laminar Flow modules. Pretty much following this as a guide: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/compressibility-options-and-buoyancy-forces-for-flow-simulations/

Before introducing the air fields my computation time was about 5 minutes but including the two air flows my simulation can't reach a solution. My simulation includes a peltier (thermoelectric), two heat sinks, and two fans.

I was wondering if anybody had an suggestions to reduce computation time. Also I was wondering if I was properly modeling the air flow using the modules mentioned before. I have tried to minimize the computation time by using a more corse mesh but that didn't help.

Thanks for the help!

0 Replies Last Post Apr 22, 2018, 10:57 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Andrew Castro

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.