Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time Dependent Study Error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Everyone,

I am very new to this comsol software. I am just trying to simualte a very basic model of electromagnet under the "Time Dependent Study" analysis. I have created a cylindrical coil core with Soft Iron (with losses) as its material and placed this core inside a sphere with "Air" as its material property. Selected "coil" under the physics: magnetic field (mf) and chose N = 10 and Coil current = 1 A, with coil type: Linear and conductor model : Homogenized multi-turn and also did the edge selection. After meshing while I computed under Time dependent study I got the following error message : "Failed to find consistent Initial values. Matrix has zero on diagonal. Last time step is not converged." I have attached the file for further reference. I have checked with different types of Direct and Iterative solvers : GMRES, VANKA etc but nothing gave me the solution. But with the exact same parameters I could run a "stationary study" successfully.

0 Replies Last Post Jun 28, 2018, 11:46 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Arka Das

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.